Monday, October 8, 2012

New Family Member

I don't think I mentioned that about 2.5 weeks before Brody was born, my little sister had a baby boy as well, Liam Wiley.

So over labor day weekend, we drove up to Milwaukee to visit with family.  We stayed at my aunt's house so as not to crowd the new parents.  My mom was staying with them and I knew my soon to be brother-in-law's family was going to be there at some point.  Megan was also visiting over the weekend as well so it was a packed weekend.

We spent some time with Lauren, Kevin and Liam.  Kayla got to practice being a big sister, kinda.  We did drive up to see them in the hospital the day that Liam was born as well so Kayla had already "met" him.  Lauren's labor was very similar to my labor with Kayla, it sounded like.  But she did and is doing great as a new mom.  I love being able to be there for her since I've already been through it.

We didn't only spend time with Liam over the weekend.  We had a lot of fun with Great Aunt Mem and Terri and Aunt Meg.  We spent one morning still in our PJs enjoying the beautiful weather.  We laughed hysterically as Megan twirled Kayla around and around and Kayla stumbled around like a drunkard after Megan put her down.  We watched Kayla try to throw the giant Frisbee.  19 month olds are SO much fun, especially my little peanut!

Here are some photos from our labor day weekend.  My midwife had approved my trip up there.  Little did we know it would still be another 2+ weeks.




Ready for fun!

Running :)

So dizzy



Can't even stand up!




Throwing action shot :)

1 comment: