Monday, October 22, 2012

Kayla Marie: 21 Months

My little girl turned 21 months old today.  (I bet you forgot my goal to write every Monday, Wednesday, Friday didn't you?  Well it was just hard during the day with my babies today.)

Last weekend I weighed her at Aunt Lolo's house and she weighs about 23.5 pounds.  She's seriously a peanut, but she keeps growing upwards.  This is evidenced by the fact that we keep having to move things out of her reach.  I really can't believe how quickly these little people grow up.  I know everyone tells you that but you really can't grasp it until you experience it.  I've been really taking in all my time with Brody; making sure even in the middle of the night I try to cherish our time together, relishing in his little baby toes and his chubby cheeks.  I've found myself tearing up because my little girl isn't so little anymore.

Kayla has been slightly irritating the past couple days.  Not sure if it's lack of sleep or just plain toddlerhood, but I'm finding myself having to count to 10 in my head and give her the benefit of the doubt.  Despite all this, she constantly makes me laugh and smile throughout the day.  She is talking so much, putting very short sentences together and actually making sense!  It makes me smile every time I'm on the floor with Brody and she is playing, then all of the sudden she decides she wants something and she skillfully maneuvers her way around the obstacles on the floor and runs down the hallway and comes back with her nap blankets or stuffed animals.  And seeing her sprint to the door when she hears daddy unlocking it after work just melts my heart.

We are working on counting to five.  Right now it goes something like my saying "one" then asking what comes next and she says "two" and puts two fingers up.  Then when I say what comes next, she says, "ffffffffffffffffff-five."  Every. Time.  I think she actually probably knows exactly how to count to five but does this because it makes me laugh every time.  We are thinking about trying potty training around the holidays.  We are considering changing her crib to the toddler bed this weekend to see how she does (I'm hesitant to alter her awesome sleep habits and I'm just sad to move her out of her crib, just another way she is growing up too fast."

She makes it clear whenever she or Brody (or Daddy) "toot"s.  She also likes to tell me when she and Brody are poopy and need new diapers.  It amazes me how smart she is and how quickly things change.

I love you, Kayla Marie, even when it may not seem like it. :)

I forgot to mention how she loves to do everything I do with Brody to her baby doll.  She "nurses" her baby doll with my boppy pillow (because you can't nurse without it obviously), then she burps her baby complete with burp cloth over shoulder, then she changes her baby's poopy diaper with mommy's help.  Today she put her baby in the bouncer.  She is going to make one great mommy one day far from now. :)


This smile makes it all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment