Sunday, August 26, 2012

Fourth of July

Almost 2 months later. :)

Normally, my family tradition on the Fourth is go to my grandma's house on the lake, spend the day with family, playing games and grilling.  Wake up early to lay down blankets across the street at the lake where the fireworks are.  Go to the parade if it's not unbearably hot.  Watch the awesome fireworks over the lake.

This year was very different, since my grandparents decided to downsize and moved just a couple weeks before the Fourth.  They sold their house on the lake and are living in an apartment in a neighboring town until my grandpa's "office" is turned into their new home.

My grandma, as usual, was on top of things and had rented the party room at their apartment complex ahead of time so we could still gather as a family.  We spent some time at the pool, watch Nathan's hotdog eating context, chatted with family, managed to get Kayla to take a nap.  AND my grandma ordered Portillo's catering.  It was delicious and nice and cool and relaxing.

We didn't get to see any fireworks (many towns had cancelled their parades and their fireworks due to the extreme heat and drought like conditions at the time) but that was ok.  It was still fun to be with my family.

Here are some photos I took from that day.  I have honestly been a very bad wannabe photographer.  I haven't taken many photos and the ones I have taken aren't that great, but here they are anyways. :)




"Swimming" to Aunt Meg














And speaking of swimming, here are a few photos I took this summer of our swimming lessons/splash pad excursions.
Looks like she takes after her daddy in some respects. :)  The is the ONLY photo I have of Kayla's first swimming lessons.



No comments:

Post a Comment