Monday, August 13, 2012

36 Weeks Update

I actually can't believe I'm under the one month left mark.  Here's a little update and I tried to jazz up the bathroom photos by using Instagram :)
  • Baby is the size of a:  35 weeks: honeydew melon; 36 weeks: crenshaw melon (?)
  • Total weight gain/loss: This number took a very drastic and scary jump over the last two weeks.  I actually think a lot of it is swelling and water weight since I don't recognize my ankles anymore, and no matter how many times I lay with my feet up, they don't go back to normal size anymore.  I'll be very glad to be back to my semi-normal body after the baby comes. 
  • The bump: Still growing at a steady rate.  Amazingly, my belly button still seems to be just about level/even, unless I eat a lot then it half pops out. 
  • Symptoms:  Swelling, swelling and more swelling.  Very different from Kayla.  Can't sleep which is why I'm normally napping while Kayla is (although she's been a very bad napper due to teething) and this is why I hardly ever blog anymore.
  • Food cravings: Diet Pepsi...a TON more than normal. 
  • Anything making me queasy/nauseous:  Nope.
  • Sleep:  Yeah If I get 3-4 bouts of 1-1.5 hours I'm happy.  I base my nights on how many times I get up to pee...once or twice is a success. 
  • What I miss:  Beer and wine.
  • Wedding rings:  Not only are my ankles swelling but my hands/fingers are too.  I'm getting more of that pregnancy carpal tunnel syndrome and my fingers feel like I jammed them all if I tried to make a fist.  I miss wearing my wedding and engagement rings a lot.
  • Maternity clothes:  Pretty much only.
  • Labor signs: Apparently I'm already dilating.  But I was dilating with Kayla for 4 weeks as well so don't take that into much consideration when entering the baby pool.  And don't forget to enter the baby pool!!! :)
  • Best Moments: Getting some family/maternity professional photos taken yesterday.  I can't wait to see them.  Also, the cooler weather is like heaven. :)
  • What I am looking forward to:  Another family baby shower in Ohio this weekend. Hopefully Kayla is tolerable on our trip. 
  • Worries?:  Same old same old.  Back to "how is it even possible to love another human being as much as I love Kayla?"
36 Weeks with the Big Sister:

No comments:

Post a Comment