Sunday, August 26, 2012

Aunt Lauren's Baby Shower

At the end of July, we had a baby shower for Baby House, due to arrive 6 days before BH2.  Lauren isn't a big fan of being the center of attention so it was a little bit of a rough day.  But she should probably get used to it now since she'll be getting married next year as well. :)

It was a lovely shower put together with a little help from a bunch of people (Meg, Gigi, Lauren's best friend Suzie).  I was somewhat useless, besides providing the party entertainment...a.k.a. Kayla.  We had yummy food and appetizers, watched Lauren open presents and ate some delicious cake.

It's so nice living close to family again so that I get to see everyone more often.  A large portion of our relatives where there and it's so nice to meet the family we are gaining as well (Lauren's fiance Kevin's family).  I think Lauren got a lot of what she needed and a bunch of great books to read to Baby House.    I of course got her a starter cloth diapering stash (no I didn't force her into it, she was just interested.)

Here are a few photos I took, again, not my best work.  We positioned the new mom so the light source was coming from right behind her...really making photos not so great, but I think I got a few goods ones.

I can't wait to meet my new niece/nephew!

My beautiful sisters

Aunt Lauren's little helper.

It looks like she's saying "juice"

Dresses by Gigi - to match the table runner.


Tired of opening presents.



Sophie the giraffe

Party Guests

More guests (Kayla makes appearance a lot of places.)

Great Grandmas!



"Trash"


Cloth diapers and newborn essentials (according to Aunt Melissa and Uncle Justin)

Great Aunts


Bathing essentials

Coloring with Mrs. Jania and Gigi



The most important baby registry item - the car seat.

Yummy cake.

Mom to be cutting the cake.  I love this photo the most from the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment