Monday, August 27, 2012

38 Week Update

Only 2 more weeks until my due date.  Honestly, I'm still not sure I'm ready to be a mom of 2 so I can wait... :)
  • Baby is the size of a:  37 weeks: stalk of Swiss chard; 38 weeks: mini watermelon
  • Total weight gain/loss: Holy water weight, I cannot wait to lose you.
  • The bump: Pretty much steadied at this point.  I am measuring right on based on my due date so I'm starting to become extremely irritated with people telling me how big I am.  This never happened with Kayla and honestly, people need to be slapped.
  • Symptoms:  Still swelling a lot in my ankles/feet.  My hands have been hurting a little bit too for a while now, kinda like I jammed all of my fingers.  Other than that, I'm actually feeling pretty good, better than I was a few weeks ago for sure. Hardly any back pain, likely thanks to Dr. Katie my chiropractor.  
  • Anything making me queasy/nauseous:  Nope.  Just not feeling hungry for much of anything in particular.
  • Sleep:  I wake up at least 3 times a night to pee usually at this point, which I can live with, it's the attempting to get out of our low bed that's really killing me.
  • What I miss:  My stomach NOT itching.
  • Wedding rings:  I'm sure I could get my band on and off with a struggle but I've been wearing it on my necklace I got from Na Hoku in Hawaii on our honeymoon.  I can't wait to be able to wear them again!
  • Maternity clothes:  Always
  • Labor signs: I didn't get checked last week because I kind of don't care as it really makes no difference.  A few of the Braxton-Hicks contractions are becoming more painful though.  And don't forget to enter the baby pool!!! :)
  • Best Moments: Buying just a few items of clothing for the new baby to try to make myself more excited...and because we haven't really bought anything that is just for BH2.
  • What I am looking forward to:  Seeing Kayla's reaction to the new baby.   
  • Worries?:  I'm so worried having a new brother/sister will cause Kayla's personality to change even the slightest.  This would be a severely tragic event as she is absolutely the best, funniest, most amazing little person to spend time with.
38 Weeks with the Big Sister (realized I'm wearing the same shirt, hey I like aqua.):

No comments:

Post a Comment