Sunday, January 8, 2012

Kayla's First Thanksgiving

Aunt Megan cooked Thanksgiving dinner this year so we had a bunch of people at my parents condo: 13 adults, 1 baby and 2 dogs (if I am counting correctly.)  Megan would not let either of my grandmother's help with dinner (which was a big deal since they are both using to cooking on Thanksgiving.)  Dinner was delicious.  Kayla loved the turkey and cranberry sauce (we only gave her a bit since she tends to get reactions on her bum to acidic foods.)  She wasn't a big fan of the mashes potatoes surprisingly.  I think it was probably because it had a lot of regular milk in it and she hasn't had cow's milk yet.  Either way, it was a great day spent with family in a very hot little condo. :)

Photobucket
Look at this cutie!
Photobucket
Mommy's little turkey.
Photobucket
Playing with Great Grammy's purse
Photobucket
Clapping
Photobucket
We staged this picture, sort of.  I didn't not make her make the "I'm lifting this really heavy purse" face.
Photobucket
Great Grammy.
Photobucket
Kayla LOVES my little sister's boyfriend, Kevin.
Photobucket
With my great grandmas.
Photobucket
I love capturing candid photos of my grandparents and my daughter.  It's so special.
Photobucket
She loves her Aunt Lauren too.
Photobucket
Dad carving the turkey.
Photobucket
The spread.
Photobucket
Spread with turkey.
Photobucket
The chef and her creation.
Later on in the weekend, when my in-laws got here, they had brought some new clothes for Kayla from Carter's (most of which we already owned because I have a problem).  We took them to Carter's to return/exchange them and we found two great pairs of shoes for Kayla.  It was around Thanksgiving when I started trying to put shoes on her.  It was so funny watching her try to walk in shoes, she is so used to walking barefoot.  She really got the hang of it though when we put these light up shoes on her: (Photos compliments of Aunt Megan.)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment