Saturday, January 15, 2011

Pregnant forever?

I literally feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever.  The end of pregnancy is this very strange time where you become really uncomfortable and sort of expect to feel something happening, like some sort of build up to labor.  Turns out, apparently it's just going to come at any second without any forewarning which is exactly why I think most women feel like they are going to be pregnant forever.

For those interested, I had my check up appointment for my blood pressure on Thursday.  Turns out, my PIH (pregnancy induced hypertension) blood work was prefect (the midwives like to use this word a lot with me: blood work, baby's heartbeat, etc.)  She said literally perfect, it wasn't even anywhere near borderline abnormal.  My BP was still slightly high when I went in but apparently that's not of a concern.  Now, they are more concerned if this baby doesn't come soon!  I rescheduled my appointment from Monday to Wednesday afternoon, where we will have to talk about possible induction eventually if I don't go into labor before then.  So get ready, Baby Hales, Nana/Ohmi comes tomorrow so if you just wait 24 more hours that'd be great.

Yesterday was my last day at work.  I have to admit I'm a little sad about not being able to see a lot of my patients again, but some of them I'm happy to hand of to Kate, Kim and Kassidy (new therapist, and apparently I'm the only one whose name doesn't start with a K :) ).  I had been bringing gifts from patients home every once in a while and every time Justin would say, "Another one??"  All I could say is, "Well my patients like me!"  The other day, I discharged a patient and she came in the next day to bring me a handmade quilt she sewed herself.  The same day, Great Aunt Shirley (who I rode 100 miles on my bike (while 7 weeks pregnant) for) sent us a gorgeous knitted blanket for Baby Hales in his/her mom's absolutely favorite color!  Here is a picture.  Baby Hales sure is a lucky little one.

Come on baby, we can't wait to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment