Tuesday, January 11, 2011

One Week Countdown...

Yesterday, we had our hospital tour.  It was nice for me to actually see where we would be and learn about the process because I've been a little worried that they say once you get to the hospital, the anxiety you feel can slow down your labor.  I mean, it's not that I'm scared of hospitals at all, I'm in the health care field.  It's just that I've never been the patient, and I'm leaving with a child...so that's a little bit anxiety inducing, but exciting!

Today, we had our 39 week midwife appointment.  Good news: almost 2 cm dilated and the midwife said, "Come on baby, where are you.  He/she is so low, what are they waiting for?"  Good question Danielle, I'm wondering the SAME EXACT thing.  Bad news:  my blood pressure has been a little high my last two visits at the beginning of the visit and then back down to closer to normal afterwards.  Danielle suggested we get some PIH (pregnancy induced hypertension) blood work done and then come back in on Thursday or Friday for another BP check to see how it is.  I think part of it is my nervousness and anxiety causing the heightened blood pressure, but I'm with her.  Better safe than sorry.  Justin asked when they would start talking induction.  She said usually they wouldn't recommend it at all for first time mom's before at least 41 weeks.  I'm really hoping I don't have to be induced and my blood work and BP at the end of this week are back to normal.  I need some hints/tricks to make Baby Hales hurry up and make his/her debut!!  I've been eating chili and having some wine.  I'm taking the cervix softener/fatty acid pills they told me to take.  The Baby is clearly ready, almost -2 station (lower than last week) and 2 cm dilated.  I'm nervous but definitely ready.  Come on, what is taking so long!  I feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever.

Any "tricks" to hurry this along would be really appreciated.  On that note, here is finally a new belly photo and I'm off to drink some wine.  Maybe a glass a night will help things along??

1 comment:

  1. You still look tiny!! I'm totally jealous! I was pretty small until the very end and then I was huge! lol AJ was born via scheduled C-Section at 39w3d so I don't have any advice to induce naturally, sorry. Hang in there though, he or she will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete