Friday, July 30, 2010

Prenatal Yoga

So, I have tried yoga ONCE in my whole life.  I HATED it.  I have always been very athletic and yoga was SO boring to me.  I hardly felt like it was a workout at all.  BUT...I figured prenatal yoga could be really good, especially when I'm huge and can barely move at all! :)

Well, there is a yoga studio literally about a block from our apartment that a friend of Justin's, Sean, goes to.  He is friends with the owner and instructor, Padma.  Justin and I have been to the DC Improv with Sean and Padma (who's name is Sarah.)  I decided to ask both Sean and Sarah what they thought because I was a little nervous to start for 2 reasons: 1. I don't do yoga so I don't really know what I'm doing and 2. I'm not really THAT pregnant yet.  But Sarah said it's her favorite class to teach and she really makes you sweat in the prenatal class and all of her classes.  So I went last night, with an open mind and heart.  And it was AWESOME!  I liked Sarah a lot before but she even made me like yoga!  Plus is was so awesome to be in a small intimate group of ladies who are going through the same thing as you.  Plus, the class was hard!  I'm a little sore today.  But I'm so excited to grow with all these women and learn from Padma!

Today, I had a doctor's appointment (this time with the actual doctor, not one of the midwives.)  I was without my better half, and I had tried to prepare some good questions since I've felt silly since I didn't have any at the last two appointments.  The doctor said I could keep playing volleyball just to be careful about diving (duh, I'm already doing that) and I can have SUSHI in moderation!  He is my savior for telling me that.  He also listened to the heartbeat again, said it was strong and perfect!  Then told me I was "an easy appointment," which is a good thing!  Yay for a health happy baby...which Gloria, the lady who gives a great scalp massage while washing your hair at the salon, thinks is a girl since I haven't felt any kicking yet.  She's so cute, so I believe her!

Here's a photo of my new haircut taken on the front facing camera of my new iPhone 4!  Nina misses you Mom and Dad!

4 comments:

  1. Under ConstructionJuly 30, 2010 at 5:01 PM

    Oh, and YAY! to yoga. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Under ConstructionJuly 30, 2010 at 5:01 PM

    The hair is adorable! We already knew there was a good heartbeat...setter's, to be exact. Gloria's prediction is one I never heard before about the no kicking. Tough to say since volleyball players aren't known for kicking. :)

    Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you didn't wait long to get sushi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Melissa! Congrats on the baby! Are you guys planning to find out the gender?

    I really like your hair cut too, by the way.

    ReplyDelete