Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Month 3 Journal

I don't really like the 3rd month journal questions but I'll do the best that I can, and maybe add some new things I've been thinking about recently!:)

1.) What's the silliest pregnancy advice that has come your way?

One of our patient's at work who is pregnant with her second told me to tell Justin that "I'm closed.  Like the Sahara Desert."  Probably TMI Mrs. Patient-Lady.  But honestly, I appreciate most of the advice, especially from fellow moms and moms-to-be out there.  Some stuff may go in one ear and out the other but for the most part, I like opinions! :)

2.) Your version of your pregnancy story. (A.K.A. my fairytale birthing experience.)

I think this is a little silly, and I'm really not that creative.  I'm also trying to be really open about everything coming my way in January but I'll do my best to come up with a short story:)  After sleep a full night's sleep before or on our due date, I calmly wake up at 9:00 having to go to the bathroom.  We soon figure out my water broke and I'm having contractions.  It's conveniently right around our due date since my whole family has come to visit from Illinois!:)  The labor is too quick for me to even decide if I want an epidural (which is the scariest part of the whole situation for me) and after some nice easy pushing, out pops our wonderful little...BOY! (Or GIRL!! Just kidding I'd be happy with either!)  People are taking the first photos and I'm looking amazingly glowing and beautiful and not sweaty and gross at all.

Yeah I know, wishful thinking, but like I said, I'm not expecting the worst but I'm not expecting the best either.  Plus, I figure the pain is probably well worth it in the end!

3.) Take time to write out all your good advice.

Like I said I appreciate any and all advice, suggestions on registry items etc I can get.  I can't specifically say any specific advice (besides what I already mentioned about my mom) but feel free to leave a comment!:)

4.) What did your "Hot Mom-to-be" intuition tell you today?

"Be nice to your husband.  You got really lucky with this one so PLEASE, ignore the hormonal issues and BE NICE TO YOUR HUSBAND!!"

5.) Record your most wicked and wild food craving.

Honestly, I don't feel like this is a pregnancy craving as much as an every day craving, but like a typical pregnant lady, I sure do love my pickles.  About 2 weeks ago, I also got a huge craving for crab/lobster bisque soup.  And about a week before that I really wanted some donuts (long johns for anyone who knows what those are- not my husband or future brother-in-law).  I mentioned this to my patient at the time, and, just to prove to you how AWESOME my patients are, she left her appointment for that day and came back 15 minutes later with donuts for me!!  Including a cinnamon-sugar one AND a long john!!

6.) Craziest things that make you cry?  That make you happy?

Not too sure about these things yet.  But I'll keep it in the back of my mind and update you as soon as I know! :)

And seriously, any suggestions on registry places would be so helpful!  There are too many options and too many options for strollers and car seats and everything!

1 comment:

  1. In regards to #4. Being nice to your husband is also easier if "he" disregards hormonal issue.

    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete