Friday, February 28, 2014

Big Milestone

I realized this week that a large reason why I keep this blog is as a sort of digital scrapbook of sorts.  So I can remember the milestones and the memories and look back on my kids little lives.  So we are still decided on getting rid of cable right now, but either way, no more TV during the day for me, back to blogging, learning to sew, photography, etc.  I'm looking forward to spring.

Anyways, back on track.  Kayla has hit a pretty big milestone I think.  I'm not sure if this is early or late and frankly I don't really care because I love that she can do this so much.

She can officially write her name.  On her own.  Without any help.  On Tuesday, at school, they have a sheet where the kids can "sign in" themselves by writing their names in little boxes.  She was so excited to show me when I picked her up on Tuesday.  Now she wants to write her name in everyone's little box.  I didn't get a photo at school, but I took some photos of her writing at home.

She also loves to write Daddy, Papa, Lolo and Brody.  She sometimes writes Mommy or Meme, but I think she's still working on M's.  She always asks me to write all family members names so she can trace them and try to write them herself.  I'm so proud.  She even writes things backwards, which I'm sure might be sort of normal, but I think it's awesome and hilarious.  Wasn't there a famous person who wrote from right to left? Oh yes, Leonardo da Vinci.  She's my own little da Vinci.


No comments:

Post a Comment