Saturday, March 8, 2014

Special Connections

Anyone with kids notice that they have a special connection with a member of your family early on?  I realize that some of this may be who they see the most, but even beyond that I see something special with Brody and my dad.


Honestly, I'm not even sure how to describe it.  My dad is a pretty awesome guy, but he's a lot of business and only a little bit of fun. Well, I guess he is a lot of fun too, but he comes off as all business, not something kids warm up to really quickly.  But Brody loves him.  He is not shy at first when he sees him (which is usually is with people).  He gets excited and says "Papa" when I mention my dad.  I think if I lined a bunch of people up in chairs, Brody would run to my dad to have him pick him up.  I've been noticing this subtly recently, and then I captured some of these photos on Christmas Eve that kind of solidified it for me.  I mean, I think my dad was just sitting there minding his own business despite the semi craziness around him and Brody was kinda fussy because it was nap time or close to it.  So he just grabbed his pacifier, his tiger lovey and went right to my dad.

And then this happened when we went to visit my dad at his new office.  (This happened BEFORE my dad got back to his BRAND NEW office/desk from his meeting.) He climbed up there himself.



Anyways, I love seeing my kids have connections with my family and Justin's family, because family is so important to me.  Every time, my heart grows 2 sizes I swear.


No comments:

Post a Comment