Monday, July 2, 2012

28-30 Week Update

I just want to first point out that today I am 30 weeks pregnant, which means this post is ON TIME! :)

  • Baby is the size of a:  29 weeks: butternut squash; 30 weeks: head of cabbage
  • Total weight gain/loss: I think the gaining is slowing down, which isn't what is "supposed to" happen, but maybe my big weight gain was in the 2nd trimester.
  • The bump: Being able to stand up straighter makes a big difference in how large I feel.  The bump is definitely growing and I'm dreading the day my belly button pops out...I know Justin is desperately looking forward to this day.  I'm still sort of hoping it never happens like with Kayla.
  • Symptoms:  Heartburn, heartburn and more heartburn.  I had to buy some TUMS and I'm trying to figure out what is causing it.  Getting punched and kicked in the side hurts sometimes.  SO MUCH pubic pressure...
  • Food cravings: Nothing really.   
  • Anything making me queasy/nauseous:  I can't say I've felt nauseous in quite some time.
  • Sleep:  I'm much more comfortable now that I can sleep at least part of the night on my back.  I'm not tossing and turning as much but now my mind is reeling with lots of different thoughts which seems to be keeping me up.
  • What I miss:  Wine/beer.
  • Wedding rings:  Still wearing my wedding band without a problem....my ankles and feet seem to be another story.
  • Maternity clothes:  Almost entirely.
  • Labor signs: I'm not sure how to answer this question.  I have some pretty painful contraction like sensations but nothing rhythmic like labor at all.
  • Best Moments: I'm enjoying being down to one official job now meaning more time at home with Kayla and Justin for dinnertimes and more time to try to get some housework done.  
  • What I am looking forward to:  The fourth of July.  Getting together with pregnant friends from high school who also have toddlers around Kayla's age! :)
  • Worries?:  Feeling very up and down about if I want a boy or girl.  Mostly because I selfishly want Kayla to be my little girl, but unselfishly, I want her to have a sister.  
30 Weeks:

No comments:

Post a Comment