Friday, June 22, 2012

28 Week Update

A little late, but here's my 28 + 4 days week update! ;) Oh and Hello third trimester...you really snuck up on me there!


  • Baby is the size of a:  26 weeks: English hothouse cucumber (apparently not a normal cucumber); 27 weeks: head of cauliflower; 28 weeks: Chinese cabbage
  • Total weight gain/loss: Pretty sure I weight as much as I did when I gave birth to Kayla at this point...but I'm thinking about starting to step onto the scale backwards at the doctor's office....
  • The bump: I've lost count of how many people have told me how big I am.  Three people have asked if I'm having twins, after I have already told them I'm having ONE baby.  But I actually feel like I'm standing straighter and my posture is better since seeing the chiropractor this week so I think my growth is slightly slowing down, or showing less :)
  • Symptoms:  Lots and lots of baby movement since seeing the chiropractor.  Braxton Hicks are also less painful and more like the were with Kayla since then.  I'm liking the things that have happened since seeing the chiropractor.
  • Food cravings: Burgers.  Good thing Justin got a new grill for Father's Day :)   
  • Anything making me queasy/nauseous:  Only occasionally the smell of Kayla's poopy diapers.
  • Sleep:  This is very up and down.  My midwife told me if I propped myself up a little I could still sleep on my back and that is really helping a lot as I'm cooler and more comfortable that way.
  • What I miss:  Wine
  • Wedding rings:  Still pretty easily wearing my wedding band.  I sorta stopped wearing my engagement ring to work but I wore them together at a friend's wedding at the beginning of June. :)
  • Maternity clothes:  Mostly.  I can still wear some normal pants/capris to work with my belly band.  I wore my green capris from Gap to work the other day.  I would love to get some maternity capris for work but unless I can find some super cheap I think I'll live without them.
  • Labor signs: Nope.
  • Best Moments: Going to see the chiropractor.  I feel a lot better and really think it will be very helpful!  
  • What I am looking forward to:  Spending quality family time with Kayla and Justin  outside this summer.
  • Worries?:  So I'm sure most of you read my post about my long list of worries.  I should probably add to it my fear of my husband not being able to stand my moodiness in the coming weeks. :)
 28 Weeks + 4 Days:

P.S. I have a 17 month old today!!!  I'll post about her later tonight!  

No comments:

Post a Comment