Monday, June 25, 2012

17 Months

I now have a 17 month old.  Kayla turned 17 months last Friday.  Honestly, where has the time gone???  And when do you stop counting in months??? :)

So I took this amazing picture of Kayla on my iPhone on Friday.  Since she hates when I try to take pictures of her, I turned my camera front facing and she had this huge toothy smile and she was just sitting there waiting for me to take her picture.  A few hours later when I went to email it to myself, I accidentally deleted it.  #mommyfail

Anyways, so in order to meet some new mommy friends, I joined meetup.com about a month ago.  I've joined a few meet-up groups but I wanted to create a group that would hopefully draw in women around my age and same situation, so I started my own meet-up.  Our first meeting was last Wednesday and I had found this park in Glenview nearby called Gallery Park.  When I got there and waited for a few other ladies to show up, I snapped a couple pictures of Kayla in her adorable romper from Baby Gap.




It was fun!  I met a few moms (whose kids were a bit younger than Kayla) but I can't wait to meet some of the other 25 or so moms or moms-to-be in my group!  What I didn't realize in picking this spot was that there was a little water splash pad area.  Kayla is a very serious water baby and kept trying to run towards the water in her cute little outfit while my 6+ months pregnant self kept having to chase her.  She thought it was funny.

So Justin and I took her back there, bathing suit and towel in tow, yesterday.  She is in LOVE!


So happy!!


Running and laughing

Kayla is a quiet observer most time when we are in public with other kids.  It's so cute.
She spent most of the time running across the pad away from me and then running back towards me to give me a big wet hug.  Honestly, it's amazing how happy it makes you to see your child full of so much joy.  #howisitevenpossibletolovesomeonethismuch

1 comment: