Thursday, November 17, 2011

Toddle-r

So Kayla has been perfecting her walking for over a month now.  Yesterday I kept saying to my patients how I'm now understanding why everyone says early walkers are hard.  She gets into EVERYTHING now.  And today, I was thinking about the word "toddler" and when exactly your baby changes to a toddler...so I thought:

Well, you know that rule in the English language where you add -r/-er to the root verb to make a noun that means "one who does said verb?"  So I looked up "toddle" in the dictionary.  No, I'm not joking. :)

To toddle: 1. to walk with short, unsteady steps 2. to walk leisurely; stroll

So a toddler is one who walks with short, unsteady steps (or walks leisurely/strolls).  Well, I guess I've had a toddler for a while now.  Now gonna lie, I'm a little sad my baby is gone.  But...

Today, I'm thankful for my little walker.  Because there is absolutely nothing better than coming home from work, Kayla seeing me and when I squat down to her level and put my arms out for a hug, she toddles across the room, opens her arms and gives me the biggest hug, along with a smile (and a HUGE smile at that.)  

By the way, did you see how I used the word toddle...yeah I'm THAT good. :)

Enjoy:


1 comment:

  1. OMG! Look at those legs. :) She is going to be so tall! I miss her. (and you of course)

    ReplyDelete