Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Kona,HI Day 2

Kayla woke up four times the first night.  I wasn't too mad because she was sleeping in the pack n play in the living room on the third floor.  I should have taken a picture because we were literally in a house STEPS from the ocean with GIANT open air windows on all floors, so Kayla was snoozing to the sound of the ocean waves...and not the ones from a sound machine!  These were LOUD!  So cuddling my little stinker with the sound of the ocean in the background isn't too bad, right? :)

Dad and Brendan spent day 2 golfing mostly.  The rest of us spent the day working on our base tans.  It was glorious.  Kayla swam in the pool and napped like a champ.  Might I also point out that despite the 5 hour time difference, after the first night, she slept from 7:30 pm to around 6 am every night.  I'm honestly still amazed I have such an adaptable baby.  What did I do to deserve that?  (It might have been putting up with a crappy sleeper for 8 months, and teaching her how to fall asleep on her own...or just dumb and blind luck.)

It was a really great first day to just enjoy our wonderful little slice of paradise on the Big Island and think about what we might want to do the rest of the week.  Here are a few photos I snapped on Day 2.


Photobucket
View from the pool deck
Photobucket
Another view
Photobucket
The pool deck, chairs, hot tub
Photobucket
Every morning, there were people doing "sup" right outside the house (stand up paddle)
Photobucket
Another pretty view, how AWESOME is the lava rock everywhere?!?!
Photobucket
My little stinker...don't let her fool you...she LOVES the pool!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Yes, please put on my canopy...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Trying some new things with PS...not sure if I like this or not
Photobucket
Pretty flowers in the yard.
Photobucket
Party in the pool
Photobucket
I need to practice capturing "sun flare" but I still like this picture.
Photobucket
This may be one of the best pictures I've ever taken.  It looks like it could be on the cover of something. :)
Photobucket
Random shot...
Photobucket
We had our own personal guitar player while laying out.
Photobucket
Then Lauren made me take a photo of this large man trying to climb on the lava rocks...hilarious.
Photobucket
Sun setting

I'm running a little behind with editing photos because I'm trying to spend more time with Kayla as opposed to doing some other things I want to do, so I'm not going to be posting a day 3 post tomorrow most likely.  But I promise I'll make it up to you all this weekend with multiple posts!! :)

Also, today, I'm thankful for a really great group of mommas I met through a couple cloth diapering pages on facebook.  I love talking to them and really wish I could meet all of them in person (hopefully I'll get to meet a couple who live near me soon!)  Sometimes, I guess God gives you friends in the most unexpected places. :)

1 comment:

  1. Beautful pictures. You are amazing! I am soo jealous of you! I am grateful for the group too. Love you guys

    ReplyDelete