Thursday, February 10, 2011

Everyone, Meet Kayla

Yesterday, Kayla and I had a day out.  It is extremely nice to get out of the house, and it makes my day go by a lot faster.  As soon as it gets a little bit nicer out, I think we are going to start regular walks, especially because she loves the car seat/stroller and the car rides.

Yesterday, I took her to my office to meet some of my co-workers and a few patients.  I had looked at the schedule in advance to make sure I tried to go when there was a patient of mine there and some patients I knew would be interested in meeting her!  Everyone oohed and aahed over her of course (I may be biased) and my boss, co-workers and patients kept telling me how great I look.  It's really nice to hear something nice about me instead of everything being about Kayla (as much as I'm ok with that!).  Again, I honestly fully contribute my weight loss and current body shape to breastfeeding.  It's not exactly like I want it yet and I can't wait to get back to working out or baby and me yoga to get my stomach at least a little bit back to how it was before.  After showing Kayla off at my office I took her to Justin's office.

He had gone to get pita's for us for lunch and we ate in this little room near his desk.  He sent out an email saying where we were if anyone wanted to meet/see Kayla.  It kinda felt like show and tell!  She was sleeping in her car seat so I was really hesitant to move her unless she woke up (which she didn't).  So all of the women in his office stopped by to meet her and tell us how beautiful she is and tell Justin that they aren't convinced he had anything to do with her (as many people have said she looks a lot like me - right now at least!)  After about an hour, Kayla and I headed home to finish her nap and wait for Justin to get home.  I love when it gets close to 5:15 pm!

Aunt Lauren (and maybe Brandon) come tomorrow.  Aunt Meg has big plans to have a Markowski/Hales girls night complete with little dippers from Pizza Hut - which she is apparently dying to try.

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could be there for Markowski/Hales girls night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we do too!!! And I'm not totally committed on the little dippers... just the girls night!

    ReplyDelete