Monday, October 11, 2010

Paper Anniversary :)

Yesterday was our very first anniversary (of being married).  On Friday, we will have been together 6 years (since our first date, when Justin cooked me shrimp for dinner)!  Everyone says that the first year of marriage is the hardest, but I actually found this to be one of our easiest years together, despite the shock of starting our family a little earlier than we planned.  Here's a little recap of our weekend.

Friday:

We had lunch like we usually do, but this time it was with a friend of ours, Tamara.  After lunch, I went to Buy Buy Baby because I'd been thinking that we may want to register for a stroller that can convert to a double since I'd like to have at least 2 kids and I'd like them close together.  While I was there, there was a couple doing basically the same thing I was doing so we got to chatting.  When Justin got home, I really wanted him to come with me to look so we could make an educated decision.  (I think we are going to end up trying to get the Britax B-Ready stroller which is compatible with the car seats we registered for.)  Then we got Arby's for dinner...romantic, I know! :)

Saturday:

We relaxed all morning, watching football and such.  Then we decided we were going to get ready and head to the GMU women's volleyball game since they were playing UNC Wilmington where a friend of ours coaches.  It was fun to see some volleyball again.  We then headed to our big event of the weekend, OVO, the Cirque du Soleil show at National Harbor.  It. Was. Awesome.  I highly recommend that everyone see it, but don't splurge on the close up seats.  We sat in the last row and it was perfect!  After the show, we drove out to one of our good friend's house for a party to hang out with his new girlfriend.  It was pretty fun- wishing I could drink but alas...  All-in-all it was a relaxing and fun day...but we went to bed REALLY late.





Sunday:

Sleep in a little bit.  We then went to brunch at the Original Pancake House (a place we went in Milwaukee with my family and Paul got an 8 egg omelet.)  It was delicious.  We then drove out to Leesburg Outlets and walked around, then went to Outback for dinner.  Although all these events seem so not special and normal, we enjoyed just spending time together!





Today:

Grocery store to get some food and ingredients for our dinner together.  I got Justin a book and a cookbook (Top Chef) for our paper anniversary so he wanted to make some macaroni recipe and I've been wanting to bake something for while.  I made some S'mores bars.  We finally got to use our KitchenAid mixer.  We are going to attempt the top layer of our wedding cake later, Justin is the taste tester because we don't need me getting sick!







It was a great weekend spent with the best husband anyone could ask for.  I love you, Justin, and I can't wait to see what the next 57 years hold! (Today is my grandparents 58th wedding anniversary!!)

P.S. I think tomorrow starts my last trimester!!  See new belly photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment