Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Five Little Monkey's Swinging From a Tree

So, Kayla LOVES music and singing.  In fact, after brushing her teeth with her new toothbrush that sings One Direction's "What Makes You Beautiful" today she said to me, "Songs make me happy."  (I told her songs make me happy too. :)) Ok I got sidetracked for a minute there.

She is still crying (some days a lot, some days only a little) when I drop her off at school but I know she has fun because she likes to talk about her friends and what they do there.  She also likes to come home and sing random songs.  A few weeks ago she started singing "Baby Bumblebee" at the table and when I started singing with her (Justin doesn't know this song...what?!?) she could not stop giggling when I could shout "OUCH it stung me!"

Well about a week ago, she started singing a song about 5 monkeys swinging in a tree.  At first, I thought this was a spin off of the monkeys on the bed...which is a favorite of both Kayla and Brody at nap time (because Brody's most favorite thing is that he can climb in Kayla's bed by himself.)  Turns out, a few days later she started singing the whole song.  This is one I didn't know so I youtube'ed it of course.

The BEST part about this song is that Kayla has this super sweet fairy like voice (unless she's having a tantrum) and she sings in this sweet voice right up until the alligator "SNAPPED that monkey right out of that tree!"  This is when she pulls out the raspy, angry voice and it kills me every time...


This post was short and sweet and I know I've been MIA, I'm working on it.  I really am.  Trying to edit and take photos and keeping a list of blogs I want to write.  Hopefully coming up first are a Kayla 2.5 year update, Brody 10 month update and maybe my first installment of "Conversations with Kayla."

No comments:

Post a Comment