Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Taking a break!

So I've been getting a little bit of nausea this week, which is semi frustrating in my third trimester.  Last night I could hardly sleep and still felt pretty crappy this morning.  I think I am so stressed out about preparing for baby and buying Christmas gifts for family while at the same time trying to make sure we save money and have enough to buy the things we need but don't yet have for baby...it's all overwhelming.

Not to mention I don't exactly have an physically easy job, or emotionally for that matter.  I'm a bit tired of hearing my "lovingly whiney" patients, as I call them, complain to me about their pain and their problems.  I know it's my job and I signed up for it and 95% of the time I love it, I just want to vent!

So anyways, today I took a day off.  The list of reasons not to was much longer, but the one reason to take a break was much more important that the many other reasons not to.  I feel SO much better.  I was able to just sleep and rest and also got a few baby things done:

  • Called to schedule a "prenatal" visit with a potential pediatrician's office

  • Called to schedule a hospital tour of the "maternity ward" as I called it and laughed at myself on the phone with the receptionist (I guess I couldn't think of the word UNIT)

  • Researched some more daycare options

  • Researched potential apartment options

  • Registered our Britax car seat and stroller (some of the car seats were recently recalled due to a "brittle chest clip" but turns out the green color was a good choice because our model # wasn't recalled)

  • Researched some invitation wording options for bridal shower/bachelorette party


Did I mention I rested?  I think I just really needed a day to rest, relax and get a few small things done to take some stress out of my life.

I am trying to get Justin to blog about partner prenatal yoga last weekend.  We'll see if he does it, if not I'll try to fill you in!  It was so much fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment