Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Tanner's 1 month Check In

Tanner turned a month a long time ago lets be honest.  I guess it's the price you pay for being the third child.  I'm trying very hard to keep updating.  I have blogging once a week on my new years resolution list.  I'm calling them goals for the new me in the new year because I really just want to make sure I'm enjoying my life and happy with myself which will make me happier and healthier physically, emotionally and spiritually.

Ok I'm going to try to remember as much as possible about when Tanner turned 1 month old.

Weight: 12 lbs 9.8 oz (he was bigger than Brody at this point! 95th%)

Length: 23.5 inches (99th %)

Head circumference: 39.5 cm (95th%)

Physical milestones:  He loves tummy time but tends to lift his head only a little and mostly turns his head side to side or hangs out looking at one of his siblings who LOVE to talk to him and lay with him.  He started tracking me and my voice especially around the room, but I can tell he loves hearing Kayla near him and is a bit fearful of Brody near him. :)  Small purposeful smiles came out around 1 month, but he seemed to be more serious at the time than Brody for sure and even Kayla.

Eating/Sleeping:  Ever since birth, Tanner has been on a pretty consistent schedule.  When he was about 4-5 days old, I said to Justin wouldn't it be great if he ate on a schedule, like 7, 10, 1, 4, 7, 10, 1, 4 o'clock?  Well turns out he liked that schedule at lot.  He's been on that schedule during the day since birth (7 am, 10 am, 1 pm, 4 pm and 7 pm then bed).  He was waking up 2-3 times per night but was VERY easy to put back to sleep.  He loves sleep more than either other kid I can tell as you can lay him down awake and he falls asleep on his own with minimal fussing and minimal use of the pacifier.  So far, he's a really really great baby.

The doctor is VERY impressed with his growth.  Even I was surprised at how big he was at this visit! We have a new doctor and I LOOOOVE her.  She said he looks great, his hips are great (one was clicking a bit after birth but that went away).  I asked about the gas which seems to be mainly what is keeping hip up at night, she said we can try gripe water or mylicon drops but it just takes some time for them to develop the ability to digest the milk.  I burp him after each side I feed him and try very hard to get him to burp even at night, however he is much to sleep at night to burp.

Kayla and Brody LOOOOOOOOVE Tanner.  I was worried about Brody's transition but he's been so great!  In fact, he is better with Tanner than most other people.  He is gentle and likes to talk to him and help me by getting diapers, pacifiers, etc.  Kayla is of course the amazing big sister she has always been, and is ok with having a second brother for now. :)

It really feels like Tanner's been around forever, like he was just meant to be here.  I am loving our family of 5 so much!  And the transition for me hasn't been too bad either!  It helps that Tanner is a very chill baby and the kids are doing great and still going to "school" 3 days a week.

1 month photos were tough as I'm trying to re-aquaint myself with my camera...
















This last one is definitely blurry but I like the composition. I really should go back into photoshop and try to clean up his skin a bit, but his baby acne was REALLY bad at this point and sometimes honest is the best right?  Love my littlest man!

No comments:

Post a Comment