Monday, November 11, 2013

Christmas Wish List

So since everyone is always asking me what to get the kids for Christmas, I'm making a pseudo list for your assistance (family).  Feel free to only use the list to get ideas of what they like, etc.  Also, please let me know if you do decide to get something from the list so I can let other family members know it is already being purchased. :)

Kayla:

Kayla is very into drawing/coloring/art and is in the thick of learning/writing her letters, sight words, and spelling her name!  I also have a lot more ideas for Kayla than Brody, but she also has a birthday coming up.
  • Balance Bike :  I would really like to help Kayla learn to ride a bike.  I've heard these things are excellent for helping them learn to balance on two wheels.  
  • Easel All this Ikea stuff is perfect and pretty cheap.  (Also, something to store all this art stuff in would be nice...)
  • Learn to read/write things (LeapFrog items or something of the sort.)
  • Ergo Baby doll carrier : I'm thinking about getting this for her because I know she will love carrying her baby dolls.  (Side note, baby dolls and accessories would probably be a favorite of hers and don't take up a lot of space, therefore a favorite of mine.  She has a Target My Generation doll - Ashley - so accessories (i.e. new clothes for her to change into etc) I'm sure Kayla would love.
  • We are thinking about moving her to a queen bed around Christmas or her birthday.  Her room is peach colored and we will hopefully eventually paint some hot pink and orange polka dots on one wall.  I have found one duvet cover I love here.  It's on clearance and hard to pass up, but then we would need to get a duvet, which isn't that big of a deal.  At least then as she grows and her tastes change we can just change out covers.)
Brody:

Brody loves cause/effect things such as things with buttons he can push to make noise or for something to happen.  He loves music and cars and blocks.
  • Tool Bench and tools :  I'm not sure if he would like this or not but it's hard to come up with toy ideas for a second child, except trying to find more "boyish" toys...although the kid loves the play kitchen and Kayla's baby dolls...
  • Train set : Another random thought.  Not sure if he would truly be able to appreciate this yet.
  • Puzzles : We already have quite a few puzzles, but Brody is pretty interested in them.
  • Tobbles : He loves stacking and knocking things down.
  • Maybe some more toy storage for his room.  His room is pretty bare compared to Kayla's.  He only has a teeny tiny dresser, so maybe another storage item.  
  • Refrigerator alphabet
  • Drum/maracas: He loves to shake and bang things...
  • Wagon : Would be nice to have seats for the kids. 
Combination:
If you know me at all, you know I would prefer small, easily storable toys.  But really, I would prefer clothes, the memberships or money to go towards classes or activities we can do together.  In my opinion, that is a better way to spend money. :)  Or use the money to come visit us and play with the kids!

P.S. Melissa and Justin would like money to replenish our dwindling account. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment