Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Week 25 Update

Sorry this is a week late.  I'll just do 25 weeks then 28 weeks and get back to every 2 weeks after that!

  • Baby is the size of a:  23 weeks: large mango; 24 weeks: ear of corn; 25 weeks: rutabaga 
  • Total weight gain/loss: Officially done talking about this as it makes me depressed.  I may start to stand backwards on the scale at my midwife appointments so I don't even know how much I've gained.
  • The bump: I'm apparently huge to many strangers.  One actually OUT LOUD asked me if I was sure it wasn't twins.  What happened to tact??
  • Symptoms:  Some Braxton Hicks and some mild cramping which I went to see the midwife about today.  It was sharp stabbing pain that felt like the pain I used to get when "they" told me I got ovarian cysts.  The midwife wasn't too concerned but said to keep an eye on it and see if it went away or came with any other symptoms.
  • Food cravings: Nothing really.   
  • Anything making me queasy/nauseous:  I think I'm now ok on this front.  Although, I wasn't a big fan of fried food with Kayla either and I feel the same now.
  • Sleep:  I'm resigned to not sleeping well for at least another year.  It's ok.  I've accepted it.
  • What I miss:  My previous body shape...like previous to Kayla.
  • Wedding rings:  I'm wearing them on and off.  I can still get them on for sure but sometimes it's more comfortable and easier not to bother with them.  I still love you Justin.
  • Maternity clothes:  I've gotten some shorts and a few more t-shirts and tank tops for the summer.  I'm still able to wear a few normal pants and shirts (amazingly) but mostly wearing maternity stuff...it's more comfortable.
  • Labor signs: Not really.
  • Best Moments: Kayla being very "mommy-centric" right now.  It's a little frustrating sometimes but I love the extra loving I'm getting before this baby comes.  
  • What I am looking forward to:  The third trimester...minus the increased midwife visits.
  • Worries?:  Going to work on this on Friday probably.  It's going to take a while to get all my thoughts down in a semi-organized manor. 
25 week belly photo (+2 days):

No comments:

Post a Comment