Sunday, January 19, 2014

Thanksgiving 2013

So this week is Kayla's birthday week and the week I'm starting blogging more regularly.  I'm going to have to try to plan ahead and pull my camera out more often and I'm excited about it!  For now here's a briefly worded but heavily photographed Thanksgiving recap.

As last year, we went to my parents house for Thanksgiving where my mom and dad open the doors and Megan does all the cooking. :)  My parents condo gets great light for the most part, so these photos turned out overall better than the day before, but still need some work.  I was trying to get a bunch of photos of the kids and maybe some candids as well.  Not my best work but I think I got some keepers.

After lots of playing and laughing, we ate in the mid afternoon (started before the boys woke up from naps.)  Kayla didn't take a nap...shocker.  The food was delicious as usual and we had to bride Kayla to eat her turkey with a giant frosted turkey cookie my grandparents had brought for her.  Each bite she took, the turkey got closer to her.  I'm not going to lie, I bride the kid like crazy because it works.  I like to think of it as a reward more than a bribe.  She responds well to positive reinforcement versus negative consequences.  

 photo Liam1.jpg
My cute little nephew. :)  He likes my camera.
 photo LaurenLiam1.jpg
My little sister, nephew and future neice/nephew.
 photo Liam2.jpg
 photo Liam3.jpg
Cheesing for me
 photo Brody1.jpg
This one doesn't love my camera so much...
 photo Brody2.jpg
If I play peek a boo, he will smile though.
 photo Liam4.jpg
Liam plays very intensely. :)
 photo LiamCaughtPlaying.jpg
Caught!
 photo Brody3.jpg
My little man
 photo LiamKaylaiPad3.jpg
Liam was so cute watching Kayla play with Gigi's iPad
 photo BrodyToys.jpg
Brody caught playing
 photo BrodyPlayingBathroom.jpg
For some odd reason, my son loves playing in the bathroom (especially with the toilet lid??)
 photo BoysHarp1.jpg
"Come here Liam!"
 photo BoysHarp2.jpg
"Check this out!  It's makes sounds when you hit it."
 photo BrodyHarp2.jpg
Caught again...
 photo BoysHarp4.jpg
Trying to be creative
 photo LiamWindow1.jpg
Liam
 photo LiamWindow2.jpg

 photo LiamWindow3.jpg
 photo KaylaLiamWindow.jpg
The two that kinda like the camera
 photo KaylaWindow1.jpg
Kayla is at a really fun photography age because she kinda likes for me to take her picture now!
 photo LiamWindow4.jpg
Making him laugh <3
 photo LiamWindow5.jpg
 photo KaylaWindow2.jpg
Those baby blues :)
 photo LiamWindow6.jpg
 photo KaylaWindow4.jpg
Trying to tell her to keep her legs closed for the photos...
 photo KaylaWindow5.jpg
Aunt Lauren helping her cross her legs
 photo KaylaCounterPose.jpg
My little ham :)
 photo KaylaWindow6.jpg
 photo BrodyOttoman3.jpg
Love this kid.
 photo LiamLauren1.jpg
 photo LiamLauren4.jpg
Not the best candids, but I love watching my little sister be a mom. :)
 photo LiamLauren5.jpg
 photo PatKids2.jpg
Great Uncle Pat is HILARIOUS
 photo PatKids5.jpg
Liam wondering what is going on...
 photo LiamBall1.jpg
Time to play ball with Aunt Meme
 photo KidsBall2.jpg
 photo KidsBall3.jpg
So much fun
 photo LiamBall3.jpg
 photo GrampsBrody.jpg
Brody taking a break with his great grandpa.
 photo MegLiamBall1.jpg
Megan and Liam...
 photo MegLiamBall2.jpg
This photo cracks me up...typical of all the kids.  Liam: chillin'.  Kayla: acting silly.  Brody: not thrilled someone else is sitting in Meme's lap...
 photo MegBoys1.jpg
He doesn't like to be left out.
 photo MegBoys2.jpg
Seriously, my kid loves his cousin.
 photo MegBoys3.jpg
Liam's face kills me.
 photo BrodyBall2.jpg
He always wants to be behind the camera...
 photo KaylaBall1.jpg
My silly, crazy, adorable girl.
 photo KaylaBall2.jpg
 photo KaylaBall3.jpg
She thinks she's so funny.
 photo LiamThrowingBall1.jpg
Liam has a really awesome side arm.
 photo LiamThrowingBall2.jpg

The Spread!!

 photo Spread1.jpg
 photo Spread2.jpg
The cook
 photo Samson.jpg
My original nephew.  This may be one of my favorites I took all day.
 photo JB.jpg
My favorite men. :)
 photo BrendanWink.jpg
Another one of my favorite men!
 photo Spread3.jpg
The original man in my life carving the bird.  He's always very focused.  I should compare photos from last years...
 photo Spread4.jpg
 photo Spread5.jpg
Setting the food out.
 photo Spread6.jpg
 photo Spread7.jpg
 photo Spread8.jpg
 photo MKids1.jpg
Trying to get a photo of me.  I need to learn how to set it up faster for Justin to take our picture.
 photo PeekABooLiam.jpg
Playing peek-a-boo with Liam.

No comments:

Post a Comment