Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Today (and many days)...

I am reminded of a Barenaked Ladies song, "Who needs sleep?"  Sunday night and Monday night, we fed Kayla between 7 and 7:30 and proceeded to put her to bed.  Now granted, she usually doesn't go right to bed and it takes a few times to get her down for good, but she fell asleep by 9:30 on Sunday and by 8:30 on Monday.  Then, a miracle.  She slept for almost 7 hours straight, both nights.  And here I am thinking, sweet I figured out some sort of timing that may work.  So last night I bathed her and we fed her at 7 pm.  She was totally passed out while eating and Justin put her down.  Then at about 8:15 or 8:30 she's crying.  We try to let her lay there and get herself to sleep.  I pick her up, she falls asleep immediately.  I put her down, she's crying.  This continued for about an hour until she finally fell asleep around 9:30.  That's ok I'm thinking...wrong.  She was up at 11:30.  And then 3:15.  And then 6.  And then 8.  NO consistency.

This would be ok, but she doesn't nap during they day for more than 45 minutes if I'm lucky.  This means Mommy gets like NO sleep.  Not to mention my husbands snores like a chainsaw and Kayla isn't exactly the most quiet sleeper.  I'm surprised I am as chipper as I am during the day with her.

In cloth diapering news...

I ordered about 5 or 6 more cloth diapers of different brands so we can decide which ones we like.  I think we are getting a GroVia hybrid, a Rumparooz, a Fuzzibunz, a Kissaluvs and a Happy Heineys.  I just love the names.  Then if I really like one of them maybe when we have some more cash I can get a few more.  I'm totally dedicated to the cloth diapering now.  We have the diapers, the pail liner is on the way, I know all the benefits and I'm in!  And excited! :)

In other news...

Mom and Dad had a night out with friends while Aunt Meg babysat on Saturday.  I am personally starting to get very lonely at home and it was so nice to feel like a normal human being and not just someone's mom if only for a few hours.  Even though I talked about Kayla, birth and babies the whole time with my friend Christy who is due any day now!  I also wore heels and pre-pregnancy jeans and I felt awesome!

Tomorrow we leave for our very first road trip.  I'll try to update while we are there!  I can't wait...wish us luck!

2 comments:

  1. My guess is that she is like her mother -- trying to learn all that she can and doesn't want to miss anything. :)

    ReplyDelete