Thursday, June 24, 2010

Here we are!

Ok, so this is my first blog post.  As you most likely know if you are reading this blog, we recently found out that we are pregnant!  Well more like, I am pregnant and Justin puts up with me while I'm pregnant. :)  I thought that starting a blog where I could post pictures and videos hopefully would be the best way for our friends and family across the country to stay up-to-date with our lives!

So here is our little story, starting from day 1 (or about week 4/5):

I was a little late and had warned Justin about a week or so beforehand, but as you know, I was doing a lot of biking so I thought maybe that was part of it.  I decided that it was probably smart just to make sure so on Monday evening, the 24th of May, I bought 2 +/- pregnancy tests on my way home from work.  I was so nervous and almost embarrassed since, being the good little Catholic girl I am, I had never done this before.  Took one, thought it was positive and told Justin that I thought I was pregnant but I was going to take the other one just to be "sure."  When that one was + I started to freak out a little.  Fast-forward to about 40 minutes later, after Justin went out and bought 4 more digital tests, 2 of which I took and were blaring the word at me...pregnant, pregnant...ok ok I got it.  We are pregnant.

I wish I could share with you what was going through my head at that moment, but I think it best to leave it between Justin and I, but needless to say, we were shocked!!!  I wish I could say that I was 100% excited right away, but as most of you know...I'm a life planner.  I plan my life out well in advance and I stick to that plan come hell or high water.  Well, this little one wasn't quite in my plan at this moment in time.  But, such is life!  The idea of having a baby is really growing on us, and I can really only speak for myself but thank you all for sharing your excitement and support with us!  I constantly crave others' approval (a large personality flaw) so I can't explain how glad I am to have so many wonderful people behind me.  I can't wait to share our journey and our lives with you all, especially my family in Illinois and Wisconsin, I miss you all like crazy!

4 comments:

  1. Great job Melissa. We are so happy for both of you. See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Graunt Shirley and Gruncle SteveJune 25, 2010 at 3:22 PM

    Uncle Steve and I have a magnet on our fridge that says,"Every time I think of you my heart smiles". Let's just say my heart smiled a lot today. Love you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this is a great blog and am excited to be staying up to date with it. Though I'm too young to be a grandpa......I'm excited about it. Love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Under constructionJuly 2, 2010 at 5:14 AM

    I am happy for all the Markowski-Hales clans. I am not ready to be a grandmother because I haven't decided what I want to be called. :=)

    ReplyDelete