Thursday, July 28, 2011

Check off #16

#16: Create a DIY "piggy bank" of sorts for savings.


This past weekend, Megan and I were pretty determined to figure out what we were going to use as piggy banks, since we were completing tasks and had nowhere to stash our cash (well our theoretical cash...)  Megan came up with the idea of using apothecary jars.  Megan's a lot more creative than I am so I just usually go along with her when it comes to these sorts of things.

We went to Michael's (my absolute favorite scrapbooking store...angels sing when I walk into the Martha aisle) armed with 40% coupons in search of the perfect apothecary jars to store our savings.  We finally got through the scrapbooking aisles and came to the vases and other sorts of jars aisle -that's what I call it.  I was semi-unimpressed with the assortment of shapes they had.  Megan picked up the one that was my favorite, but that's a stretch since I wasn't sold on any of them.  As I was trying to decide, Megan said "Oh here's a different one..."  I looked toward her and she pulled this beauty off the shelf.

I do not have my savings in cash yet, so I decided to fill my jar with some hair ties and a few ribbons...just cause.

It's like it was meant for me, I love it.  And when I got home, I searched DIY apothecary decorations and came up with some awesome things you can do with apothecary jars.  You can bet I will be going back to Michael's to purchase a few more when we get settled somewhere to decorate our eventual home.


























I also purchased K, M, and H initial letters to eventually decorate a nursery whenever we get settled...ugh please let it be soon.  So for one large glass apothecary jar and 3 large initial wall hangings and a 40% off one item coupon, I spent a total of $15...I love Michael's.

Next week, I will hopefully be checking some exciting off my list! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment