Sunday, July 18, 2010

Babies and Toddlers and Airplanes...Oh My!

Have you noticed how many kids are on airplanes?  Man, my two flights back from San Diego yesterday were probably about 50% kids under the age of 5.

I was in San Diego for my former teammate and college roommates wedding with some other former teammates, one of whom is also pregnant.  She's a little further along than me and was able to give me some advice, however her pregnancy has also been much rougher than mine so far.  It was nice to find out that she was on my flight to and from Milwaukee to San Diego though!

Back to the kids on the flights.  At first, on my flight back home from Milwaukee, it was late and I was a little hormonal and irritated and there were two boys probably around the age of 3 or 4 sitting in the row in front of me (from different families mind you).  They were SO hyper and talkative and loud the whole flight.  It wasn't terrible, but I was just tired of flying.  Then, as we were de-planing, one of those little boys was with his older sister (probably about 5) and his mom.  He followed me the whole way out of the airport, chatting with me about the cuts on his thumbs and running after me to keep up.  He was really cute.  His mom finally had to say, "Jack, you have to stay with me now." as they reached the baggage claim area.  I turned around and said and waved "Bye" to him.  Despite my slight irritation on the plane, I'm excited to have a child.  They are just so entertaining!:)

Here's an awesome picture of the clouds out the window of my plane at sunset. (And a picture of some of my very favorite Hokies:)



No comments:

Post a Comment