Wednesday, February 6, 2013

An Anti-Love Letter

Dearest Winter:

I want a divorce.

If nothing else I think we need to see other people.  It's not you, it's me.  Well actually it's definitely you and your inability to keep your germy hands away from my kids.  Ever since you came into our lives, we just can't seem to get fully healthy.  You are clearly not good for us.  I know you will find someone that loves when you come into their lives and create a cesspool of germs in their homes...at least I hope you do.  That someone is just not me.

I still love you, I'm just not in love with you anymore.  I was looking forward to what you bring to the table, such as snow and cuddling time in front of the fireplace (which we don't have).  But you have failed to come through on your end.  I have put a lot into this relationship, like new winter gear for the kids and myself, but all you've brought is misery and sleepless nights (and not in a good way.)

We are just headed in different directions in our lives.  I'm heading toward spring and good health with my family, and you are headed to Antarctica where I hope you have time to think about this and come back next year with renewed energy.

Let's stay friends.

Love,
Melissa

 photo IMG_1972.jpg

 photo IMG_2054.jpg

 photo IMG_2080.jpg

 photo IMG_2093.jpg

 photo IMG_2109.jpg

 photo IMG_1974.jpg

 photo IMG_2050.jpg

 photo IMG_2088.jpg

 photo IMG_2120.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment