Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Brody Lawrence: 3 Months

Brody turned 3 months old the Friday of the Sandy Hook shooting (talk about a bad reminder but at least everyone will know when that was.)  I'm so blessed to have happy, healthy kids, even if I have to put up with a lot of crap behind the scenes.  :)  Here's a quick update

Weight: I stepped on the scale to weight myself, stepped off the scale, picked up Brody, stepped back on the scale (no? No one knows this reference?  Probably my sister and my husband at least... :)).  Anyways, you get my drift.  He was about 16 pounds based on the bathroom scale but we'll see at his 4 month appointment this month.

Length: No idea.

Head Circumference: Lots of brains...

Physical Milestones:  Brody started rolling over tummy to back intentionally the week of his 3 month birthday.  He has only done it a few times but I'm 100% sure he's doing it on purpose.  I just think he likes to be on his tummy so he doesn't really try to roll over.  He also is trying really hard to scoot during tummy time.  He pulls his knees up under him and pushes as hard as he can.  Too early little man...  He hasn't really tried to roll from back to front yet.  He really doesn't like laying flat too much.  He likes to stand/sit with someone holding him: he's becoming very needy.

Eating:  He's eating about every 3 hours now.  We've been working really hard over the last two weeks to try to get him on a 3 nap schedule, which is hard when he doesn't want to nap more than 40 minutes at a time. 

Sleeping:  Night time sleep took a turn for the worse, exactly like Kayla did at 3.5 months.  Over Christmas week, when we were sick and stressed and overwhelmed, he decided to wake up every 1.5-2 hours all week.  We resorted to swaddling him again which seemed to help for a while but now I'm not sure.  Because he has definitely found his hands and has been working on using them during play time, so swaddling I think really pisses him off at this point.  He's basically only eating once at night between 7 and 7, but sometimes wakes up more than that one time and has to be put back to sleep.

Nap time is progressing in the right direction.  Like I said we are going for a 3 nap routine: naps at 9ish, 12-12:30 and around 3:30 ish.  Some days he is great at this.  Some days he needs four naps because he will only sleep for 40 minutes.  I figured out today that not swaddling and laying him/propping him on his side seems to work.  He really loves sleeping on his side, not his back or stomach.  Do you have any idea how hard it is to get a baby to STAY on his/her side while sleeping?

We are definitely getting there.  Not gonna lie, I wish we could get there faster, but I'm enjoying my happy go lucky little guy while I can.  We are pretty darn sure that the days he doesn't sleep well, it's because of gas.  This is super frustrating as there isn't much we can do about it.  The main thing that seems to be helping is BioGaia probiotics.  The doctor also suggested 1/2 oz of water in the am and pm, which we've tried but haven't noticed a TON of difference.  I'm pretty sure it isn't my diet since he had terrible gas the day I didn't eat anything because I had the flu.  Babies are a mystery.

Brody also has a hard white shaped object in his mouth.  It appears to be a tooth, but I'm not really sure what's going on with that.  I'll probably see what the doctor says in a week and a half.  It's crazy, but it sure seems like it's a tooth in a molar position.  And man does this kid drool.  

I took 3 month photos 2 separate days.  The first day, Kayla was wanting to be in every photo and Brody wasn't as happy as normal.  The next morning I took some more of Brody while Kayla was still sleeping.   This is clearly the best way to do it.  :)


Photobucket

Photobucket
Kayla in the way...

Photobucket

Photobucket
Christmas socks to correlate the time of year with his monthly photo. :)

Photobucket
He loves watching Kayla and she always makes him smile.  #meltsmyheart

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I have a small enormous obsession with his feet/toes.  I have no idea why.  Maybe it's the way he puts the soles of his feet together and clasps his toes like he's praying with his feet.  :)

Photobucket
Trying to get some cute toes shots...

Photobucket

Photobucket
drool...

Photobucket

Photobucket
He's really quite a happy baby.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Funny faces. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment