Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Week 22 Update


Long 2 weeks...
  • Baby is the size of a:  21 weeks: carrot, 22 weeks: spaghetti squash (?) 
  • Total weight gain/loss: 10-15 pounds...I'm completely guessing.
  • The bump: Definitely getting bigger.  I think I grew overnight last Wednesday night.
  • Symptoms:  See "Sleep" below. 
  • Food cravings: Smoothies...what is it about fruit and smoothies and my pregnancies?   
  • Anything making me queasy/nauseous:  No problems the past 2 weeks.  Really only the smell of our laundry room occasionally when Kayla's cloth diaper laundry bag is full.
  • Sleep:  I could not sleep to save my life or Kayla's life for that matter.  I think it's because I am thinking about so many things at once.  I've been dying to blog about everything but I feel so tired and overwhelmed with life right now I can't quite organize my thoughts.  I'm hoping to work on it this weekend a little bit.
  • What I miss:  Can I say beer 6-8 weeks in a row?  We bought 2 6 packs of my favorite beer, mostly to save, but I might have one here or there...
  • Wedding rings:  My wedding band seems to be a little bit tight in the mornings.  I think this has to do with being really warm at night, which I think is contributing to my sleep or lack there of.
  • Names:  Still not really discussing this... 
  • Maternity clothes:  I've progress to wearing Justin's t-shirts around the house because mine don't quite cover the bump.  I'm still on the hunt for maternity shorts...why are all maternity shorts so hideous???
  • Labor signs: Nope.
  • Best Moments: Starting to get a ton of small kicks and Justin even felt baby kick from the outside.  I feel like I tried for weeks with Kayla to get him to feel the kicking.  Kayla has also started "kissing and hugging the baby."  I'm not sure she really gets it but I think the sooner she sort of understands the sooner I can get over the guilt (see "worries").
  • What I am looking forward to:  My second mother's day and last one with Kayla as my only baby.
  • Worries?:  This is part of my problem with inability to organize my thoughts...I'm working on it. 
22 week belly photo (+1 day):


No comments:

Post a Comment