Monday, October 15, 2012

Weekend Recap

We had a VERY busy weekend.

On Friday, Kayla and Brody and I trekked over to Gigi's house because Brody had a pretty bad night of sleep.  Therefore, I thought I could use some help or some distraction that day.  We talked with Lauren and Liam on Skype for most of the day.  It was fun to get some adult time and do some research for Lauren's wedding.

Saturday morning, we got ready to head up to Wisconsin for my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary party.  We left early and stopped at the House abode to spend some time with them and just get up there early enough to not feel rushed and so Kayla could take a nap.  Justin and I managed to get a nap in as well, which forced us to be rushed anyways trying to get to dinner.

I spent quite some time on Friday night trying on dresses and texting my mom and sisters.  I still feel pretty big and unattractive.  I ended up wearing the dress I was hoping too, but it turns out that was really the only one that fit anyways.  I know it's only been a month, but it's still hard.  I had every intention of getting a photo of my outfit and my family that night, but Brody and Kayla had other ideas.  Brody was asleep in the car seat when we got there, but when we took him out for pictures, s*** hit the fan.  He was SO overtired and wouldn't stop screaming.  Kayla refused to be held by anyone but Gigi or Meme (Aunt Megan) and if we even tried to take a family photo she ended up in toddler tantrum tears.  My mom says it's always worse for the parents, but I felt like my normally so well behaved and awesome kids were really determined to show off their bad sides.  Things settled down and it was very nice to see my family.  We did get some professional photos done so whenever those come back I'll post them, if I approve. :)

We got home Saturday night at around 10 and put the kids to bed ASAP because we had to get up at 5 to get ready to go to Gigi and Papa's house since I was going to do the Color Run Chicago 5K with my mom and sisters.  The early wake up was not great but the run was so fun.

We dress up like witches, pointy hats, funky glasses, green and black striped thigh high socks, and we had all white sweatsuits.  My mom also got some bandannas and Halloween webbing to cover our hair.  We were a hit!  Everyone kept making comments to us and one guy at the end even asked to take a picture with us!  The Color Run is such a fun experience and we are already planning our entry in future years!  I wasn't feeling 100% but we walked the 5K and it wasn't really as bad as I thought it might be!

Frankly, it was nice to just be kid free for a couple hours.  As much as I love them, some alone time is nice, even for this Mommy who loves to be around people.

Here are some photos from Sunday.

The Color Run - Before

The Color Run - After

Best Buds.  I'm so glad our little boys will grow up together!
My grandma made it a point to urge me to write on my blog more since it's a great way for her to keep up with us.  So I'm making myself a goal to write at least three times a week.  My blogging/photography/mommy idol Kelle Hampton writes on M/W/F.  I think I can probably manage that and then it shouldn't be too hard to think about subjects to write about.  So hopefully, I'll be back on Wednesday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment