Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Merry Christmas! (Very belated.)

As much as I wish we could have had Kayla's first Christmas in our own home, Christmas still turned out pretty great!  We didn't do anything overly special, but she was just so excited for all of our little outings.  

See, when I was younger our Christmas traditions involved where we went an when.  Christmas Eve was always spent with my Mom's side of the family at my Nanny's house.  So on Christmas Eve, we took the trek out to the Western suburbs with Kayla in Christmas outfit #1.  She didn't nap too well once we got there, but such is life.  Daddy got some good cuddling sleepy baby time.

Kayla got a few great gifts: 2 pairs of boots (one red with white furry trim), an elf stuffed doll, some books from her great uncle and a very cute outfit.



She sort of understands opening gifts:

Note the Christmas shoes:


My little Santa Baby:




On Christmas Day, my older sister and parents were getting up to go to Church (you know when you are Catholic and you mainly go to Mass for Christmas and Easter they have a special name for that. :) I'd really like to find a quaint little Church near our new apartment and get more involved.)  I decided if Kayla was up and happy and we had enough time, we could get ready and go with them.  Turns out, Kayla was excited about Christmas and we had time to get ready.

Here she is in Christmas outfit #2:




Playing a bit before Church:



When we got back from Church, my younger sister and her boyfriend joined us in the early afternoon.  We sat around most of the morning/early afternoon doing nothing.  The gifts were all still sitting there wrapped under the tree.  It was kinda nice.  I'm sure future Christmases will look much different.  Here is Kayla with the big bag of trash in Christmas outfit #3:


She got a lot of great toys/clothes/baby trinkets from her aunts, uncle, Gigi & Papa and Mommy & Daddy.  She really liked her laptop though:



When I was younger, we usually drove up to Milwaukee in the afternoon after opening gifts at home to spend time with my Dad's side of the family.  This year, we decided to stay home for Christmas day and relax and make the trek to Milwaukee the following day.  I didn't snag too many photos there (too much Wii playing and Sequence) and I didn't get a great photo of Christmas Outfit #4 but I got a couple good ones.  One of my favorite things is watching my younger cousins hold and play with my baby.  Something about a baby brings out the child in everyone (even the children.) :)



All in all, it was a really great first Christmas despite us not being in our own place yet.

Kayla will be authoring the next post:

Oh and a few weeks prior to Christmas (probably more like 1 week prior), Justin and Megan and I got Kayla dressed up to get a classic picture on Santa's lap at the mall.  (Holy moly those are stinkin' expensive!)  How cute is she!?!  She didn't even shed a tear, just tried to pull off Santa's beard.



Here are a few of the photos we got...I love this first one!



Always waving at everyone, she's so friendly!

No comments:

Post a Comment