Monday, June 28, 2010

Morning sickness?

So I think the first thing I thought of when discovering I was pregnant was morning sickness.  I had a strong urge to call my mom and tell her first to find out how her pregnancies were and if she got a lot of morning sickness.  I then decided it was probably more important to tell her something like that in person (although I semi-spilled the beans on Facebook to my younger sister...oops!)  I had heard that often your pregnancies are similar to what your mother experienced, but I guess I was going at this on my own (and with Justin of course.)

Well I was feeling great!  I was extremely fatigued...like to the point that I could fall asleep standing up working on one of my patients.  But besides a small amount of nausea in the mornings when I got up, I wasn't feeling terrible.  Especially since I am not a morning person anyways and tend to not feel awesome waking up even when not knocked up! :)  So here I am, informing my patients that we are expecting, bragging about how besides being exhausted (which they initially thought was due to my century bike ride at the beginning of the month) I was feeling great and hadn't had any morning sickness.

Fast forward to last Wednesday.  I had a pretty long 10 hour day at work, followed immediately by a volleyball game and I wasn't feeling all the great afterwards.  Come Saturday morning, I had a terrible night's sleep and was trying to clean up our apartment for the in-laws to visit, when a sudden urge of nausea hit me that I couldn't ignore.  Yesterday I was fine and again today I had to go into work a little late because every time I moved I felt sick.  Now, don't get the wrong idea.  I haven't really been throwing up a lot, but I'm also not feeling as awesome as I was 2 weeks ago, or even after my 100 mile bike ride!

Being the scientist that I am, I've been trying to correlate my sickness with something, I'm thinking it's either the particular brand of pre-natal vitamins I've been taking the past 4 days or the nights that I don't sleep very well.  But either way, I'm hoping that it doesn't stick around for long.  I've been reading the Hot Moms-to-Be Handbook and the 2nd (month) chapter last night was all about positive thinking about your pregnancy.  Therefore today, I'm trying to think about how great the end result of all this will be and it won't last forever!



P.S. When/if you or a friend gets pregnant, buy a body pillow. They help me sleep a ton!

Also, if anyone has anything in particular that they want to read about just let me know.  Until then, I'll just be talking about whatever comes across my mind or I might use the little journal questions for my Hot Moms Handbook!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment